What are some of the other benefits of prenatal massage?
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.
Interested in learning pregnancy massage techniques? Be sure to sign up for our upcoming Massage for Childbirth class that is open to the public and has no prerequisite to participate!