- Journey back to a lost world of prehistoric chills and thrills when more than 20 dinosaurs (including T. Rex) and over-sized ancient insects return to Powell Gardens.
- Oceans of Fun opens for the 2011 season!
- Rainforest Adventure - A multi-sensory expedition that introduces children to tropical rainforests around the world.
- Jiggle Jam Family Fest - Midwest's largest and best family music returning for a fourth fantastic year, featuring national and local children's entertainers.
- Walk a dog, throw a Frisbee, catch some fish! Here is a link to some of the areas best parks.
- Take a day trip and check out another community. Great walking and exploring opportunities. Here are a few within an hours drive.
- Visit Liberty Memorial and learn about those who served our country in World War I. This should be a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
Looking for something fun, healthy and active to do over the holiday weekend? Here are a few suggestions to get out and enjoy: